blob: 69dbb92700c8f64790ed9ba388378532ef2f0af9 (plain
propellor 0.8.0 released with [[!toggle text="these changes"]]
* Completely reworked privdata storage. There is now a single file,
and each host is sent only the privdata that its Properties actually use.
To transition existing privdata, run propellor against a host and
watch out for the red failure messages, and run the suggested commands
to store the privdata using the new storage scheme. You may find
it useful to run the old version of propellor to extract data from the old
privdata files during this migration.
Several properties that use privdata now require a context to be
specified. If in doubt, you can use anyContext, or
* Add --edit to edit a privdata value in $EDITOR.
* Add --list-fields to list all currently set privdata fields, along with
the hosts that use them.
* Fix randomHostKeys property to run openssh-server's postinst in a
* Hostname.sane now cleans up the 127.0.0.1 localhost line in /etc/hosts,
to avoid eg, apache complaining "Could not reliably determine the
server's fully qualified domain name"."""]]