[[!comment format=mdwn username="joey" subject="""comment 3""" date="2018-10-13T21:41:25Z" content=""" Code^Wwhitespace review: * I noticed some places were using spaces for indentation; please use tabs in propellor. * In "module Propellor.Property.DirectBoot(installed)' there should be a space after the name of the module. * Needs comments explaining what properties are for. Naming ideas: Basically this is using qemu as the bootloader, rather than going through an (emulated) BIOS to start a bootloader. So I'm thinking names like QemuBootloader or NoBootloader, or NoBIOS. Don't want to bikeshed this too hard, it would be ok to keep the DirectBoot name, but I think Propellor.Property.DirectBoot at least needs a comment explaining what it's for, it would be confusing for a propellor user to stumble across that module without context. Your idea to copy the kernel and initrd out of the image so qemu can use them seems to point toward having a Property that gets one of these images booted up using qemu. And then the QemuBootloader name would make a lot of sense, because it would allow for later expansion to other emulators. Not that you have to build such a thing, but it's worth considering that someone may later want to. (In fact I could use such a thing, but I don't know how I'd want it to work. Should propellor only use the chroot for initial image build, and then ssh into the booted VM and run propellor in there when there are config updates? Or restart the VM when the image is changed?) """]]