[[!comment format=mdwn username="https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawm-czsfuWENKQ0GI8l0gnGTeF1JEli1mA0" nickname="Andreas" subject="comment 4" date="2015-04-15T10:15:17Z" content=""" Well thanks a lot, and yes I am learning: propellor has a lot of powerful features under the hood already. I still remain sceptical for the time being: Propellor's overall approach seems: one spin of propellor does ensure that a complete systems is properly installed (and then one can declare exceptions: don't check this every time...). I can even see how this is useful: if I where a sys admin with a huge farm of systems, I wouldn't want to deal with half installed systems, but just have propellor do a complete job. As far as I am only concerned with a few personal computers of mine, I prefer to stick to my task by task approach, though, and for tasks that come up reapeatedly (like keeping my apt cache + installed packages up to date) that seems reasonable to me as well. - having only a minimal required configuration for a host, and then building upon that (I think/hope, you got the idea by now). The fact, that this model is nicely supported by ansible, seems to suggest at least, that this kind of reasoning/approach is not completely flawed. What is not 100% clear to me: if propellor could be bent to support my kind of workflow: I would think that it's possible? (even though I might not have the time to bend it that way myself). Or are there any fundamental issues with it? What I am suggesting is: that propellor be at my disposal, more as a library, and would not also impose a certain command line interface / workflow on me. Anyway, you would certainly win me as a user (don't know how much that counts, and cannot speak for other people's needs). Thanks anyway. Andreas """]]