[[!comment format=mdwn username="https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawm-czsfuWENKQ0GI8l0gnGTeF1JEli1mA0" nickname="Andreas" subject="comment 2" date="2015-04-14T19:24:46Z" content=""" using the command line: well yes, that's right. Still: I can configure a lot of details in haskell (ansible playbooks): my emacs task eg. is not only ensuring that emacs is installed (as in the example above), but I also set some links to my elisp config files, ensure that cask installed etc. another task for me is installing X windows: again lots of details: not only the xorg packages, but some links to .xsession files, window manager config files etc. and yes: I am happy, that I can spell out the details of these tasks in propellor/haskell. I just don't see the point of ensuring them again and again with every spin of propellor, and I would want to be able to run just this one task on the command line. concerning ``` Apt.update `period` Daily ``` thanks, will have a look. but I guess this is cron job (will see), in general I think I will want to stick to my habit, that I want to see what's going on (what is upgraded), thus prefer to not run any cron jobs for apt upgrades My overall message / concern is: I don't want to completly change my habits, just because I am using propellor I had the habit of installing my computers task by task I had the habit of logging in to one of my systems, and doing apt-get update && apt-get upgrade I want my config tool to help me achieve things in my way that I am used to. """]]