[[!comment format=mdwn username="joey" subject="""comment 1""" date="2019-04-16T14:35:26Z" content=""" Info can propagate out of containers, but then it becomes Info of the Host that the container is part of. The IsInfo type class has a propagateInfo that controls whether a value of that type propagates from container to host. The ssh HostKeyInfo has a propagateInfo that prevents propagation. This makes sense with the current data structure because the ssh host key inside the container does not replace the host key used outside. The data structures would need to be changed in some way to support propagation. I guess HostKeyInfo could be changed to a map from hostname to what it contains now. There would be follow-on changes needed, eg Dns.genSSHFP adds the ssh host key to a dns record, and I think it would only make sense for that to add the host's ssh key, not one for each container. WRT the name of a systemd container, it's not a hostname, but a systemd machine name. Propellor does not currently track the hostname of a container as Info (and the Info system is actually not used for hostnames since the hostname is part of each Host). The closest thing available currently is Propellor.Info.alias which can be used in a container to add an CNAME to the Host that contains it. Anyway, changing the name of a systemd container would indeed build a new container. I'd probably revert the current property (so it deletes the current container) and add a new property with the new name. """]]