|author||Joey Hess||2019-07-02 16:28:17 -0400|
|committer||Joey Hess||2019-07-02 16:28:17 -0400|
add news item for propellor 5.9.0
Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
2 files changed, 26 insertions, 20 deletions
diff --git a/doc/news/version_5.5.0.mdwn b/doc/news/version_5.5.0.mdwn
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,20 +0,0 @@
-propellor 5.5.0 released with [[!toggle text="these changes"]]
- * letsencrypt': Pass --expand to support expanding the list of domains
- * Split mailname property out of Hostname.sane, since bad mailname
- guesses can lead to ugly surprises. (API change)
- * Removed HostingProvider.CloudatCost module as it lacks a maintainer.
- (If anyone would like to maintain it, send a patch adding it back.)
- (API change)
- * Added Systemd.escapePath helper function useful when creating mount
- * Added Sudo.sudoersDFile property.
- * Sudo.enabledFor: Write to /etc/sudoers.d/000users rather than to
- /etc/sudoers. (Any old lines it wrote to /etc/sudoers will be removed.)
- This fixes a potential ordering problem; the property used to append
- the line to /etc/sudoers, but that would override more specific lines
- in the include directory.
- * Borg: Added UsesEnvVar.
- * Added DiskImage.noBootloader, useful for eg, direct booting with
- qemu. Thanks, David Bremner.
- * Added Apt.backportInstalledMin."""]] \ No newline at end of file
diff --git a/doc/news/version_5.9.0.mdwn b/doc/news/version_5.9.0.mdwn
new file mode 100644
@@ -0,0 +1,26 @@
+propellor 5.9.0 released with [[!toggle text="these changes"]]
+ * Added custom type error messages when Properties don't combine due to
+ conflicting MetaTypes.
+ * Added custom type error messages for ensureProperty and tightenTargets.
+ * Note that those changes made ghc 8.0.1 in a few cases unable to infer
+ types when ensureProperty or tightenTargets is used, while later ghc
+ versions had no difficulty. If this affects building your properties,
+ adding a type annotation to the code will work around the problem.
+ * Added custom type error messages displayed when type inference
+ fails when using ensureProperty and tightenTargets, that suggest
+ adding a type annotation.
+ * Use the type-errors library to detect when the type checker gets stuck
+ unable to reduce type-level operations on MetaTypes, and avoid
+ displaying massive error messages.
+ * But, since type-errors is a new library not available in eg Debian
+ yet, added a WithTypeErrors build flag. When the library is not
+ available, cabal will automatically disable that build flag,
+ and it will build without the type-errors library.
+ * EnsurePropertyAllowed, TightenTargetsAllowed, and CheckCombinable
+ types have changed to Constraint.
+ (API change)
+ * Try harder to avoid displaying an excessive amount of type error
+ messages when many properties have been combined in a props list.
+ * Libvirt.installed: install libvirt-daemon-system
+ Thanks, David Bremner"""]] \ No newline at end of file