|author||Joey Hess||2019-07-02 14:39:36 -0400|
|committer||Joey Hess||2019-07-02 14:39:36 -0400|
Diffstat (limited to 'debian')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index c74cd929..9cf041ec 100644
@@ -1,26 +1,29 @@
propellor (5.9.0) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
- * Avoid displaying an excessive amount of type error messages when many
- properties have been combined in a props list.
* Added custom type error messages when Properties don't combine due to
* Added custom type error messages for ensureProperty and tightenTargets.
* Note that those changes made ghc 8.0.1 in a few cases unable to infer
- types when ensureProperty or tightenTargets is used. Adding a type
- annotation will work around this problem, if you cannot upgrade
- to a newer ghc that handles them better.
+ types when ensureProperty or tightenTargets is used, while later ghc
+ versions had no difficulty. If this affects building your properties,
+ adding a type annotation to the code will work around the problem.
+ * Added custom type error messages displayed when type inference
+ fails when using ensureProperty and tightenTargets, that suggest
+ adding a type annotation.
* Use the type-errors library to detect when the type checker gets stuck
unable to reduce type-level operations on MetaTypes, and avoid
- displaying massive error messages in such a case.
+ displaying massive error messages.
* But, since type-errors is a new library not available in eg Debian
yet, added a WithTypeErrors build flag. When the library is not
available, cabal will automatically disable that build flag,
and it will build without the type-errors library.
* ensureProperty: The constraints have been simplified
to EnsurePropertyAllowed. (API change)
- * ensureProperty: The contraints have been simplified
+ * tightenTargers: The contraints have been simplified
to TightenTargetsAllowed. (API change)
- * CheckCombinable generates a Bool. (API change)
+ * CheckCombinable type changed. (API change)
+ * Try harder to avoid displaying an excessive amount of type error
+ messages when many properties have been combined in a props list.
* Libvirt.installed: install libvirt-daemon-system
Thanks, David Bremner