|author||Joey Hess||2018-05-17 10:39:24 -0400|
|committer||Joey Hess||2018-05-17 10:39:24 -0400|
tried to improve changelog wording
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/debian/changelog b/debian/changelog
index ada411ff..8383f0a0 100644
@@ -2,11 +2,14 @@ propellor (5.4.0) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
* Restic.installed: stop trying to install a backport on jessie, because no
such backport exists.
- * Apt.installedBackport replaced with Apt.backportInstalled, which take the
- same parameters but has different behaviour. (API change)
- The new property will fail in cases where the old property would install
- dependencies of the requested backports from stable-backports even though
- the versions in stable satisfy the requested backports' dependencies.
+ * Apt.installedBackport replaced with Apt.backportInstalled. (API change)
+ The old property would install dependencies from backports even when
+ the versions in stable satisfy the requested backport's dependencies.
+ The new property installs only the listed packages from backports;
+ all other dependencies come from stable.
+ So in some cases, you may need to list additional backports to install,
+ that would not have needed to be listed before. Due to this behavior
+ change the property has been renamed so uses of it will be checked.
-- Sean Whitton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 17 May 2018 00:12:42 -0700